TRACK IS BACK (postponed until at least 2nd December)
The club is pleased to announce that we can recommence our coached track sessions at the newly refurbished Brickfields Arena, for both Adults and Juniors, from Thursday 5th November. It will be preferable if members could purchase the club pre-payment cards, or bring the correct money for each session. (please see our separate notice about Membership renewals)
- There will be a number of requirements that we have to adhere to in respect to COVID, and thanks to the club COVID Officer Ivor Oatway for the work he has done in preparation:
- Social distancing of 2m must be adhered to.
- No running directly behind another person in a line – run along side by side is fine.
- Face masks are not required unless you wish to wear one.
- stay in pace bubbles of no more than 5 persons.
- Upon attending each session, participants will have to complete a covid form, which captures track and trace information.
- The first time attending a session you will be asked to fill in an additional form or complete it on behalf of your child ‘Pre attendance form’.
- There will be an NHS track and trace app QR code if you wish to use it.
It may be necessary to allow a little more time before each session to undertake some of the above and please bear with us whilst we find our feet.
Adult coached track session. (Coached by Terry Harvey)
- Thursday 6pm – 7pm Brickfields Arena Plymouth
- This session is open to all abilities
- Cost: £2 Junior – £3 Adult
- Session content: We do a variety of sessions working on such things as run technique, pacing, speed development, transition practice as well as endurance. Run intervals are either based on time (so everyone does the same) or the group is split into different ability groups for distance intervals so that everyone can work at a pace that suits them.
- This session runs all year round.
- Any queries, please email: email@example.com
Saturday: Armada Athletics Network
As Plymouth Triathlon club is a member of the local Armada Athletics Network, our Adult Members are eligible to attend , free of charge, coached track sessions led by English Athletics Qualified run coaches from other running/Athletic clubs in the network. The sessions are held on Saturday Mornings at the Brickfields Track . They will be at Brickfields (10am to noon) There is a Facebook page ‘Brickfields Saturday track sessions’ where more information can be found. Its important to follow this in case they decide to change venues again due to distances involved etc.